Fitness and Traditional Conditioning
Self-defense and Kung Fu has the same requirement that any physical activity or sport has; you have to be fit enough to do it. We take our health seriously and the Instructors customize the exercises the as needed for a student to get the most out of it.
Benefits of our Fitness and Conditioning Execises
• Strengthens bones, tendons, ligaments, and muslces that are missed by fitness gyms
• Improves / increases cardio and muscle endurance, lung function, balance and coordination, bone density, and bone health
• Improves brain health, function, memory, and increases the number of nerve connections in the brain
• Relieves stress, calms the mind, improves focus, and awareness
• Helps students to lose and mange weight
• Improves the body's functional mobility by strenthening joints and other components related to everyday movement
• Tones and shapes the body according to your natural build. There is no risk have a body that looks out of proportion
• Traditional Conditioning exercises are done in ways to prevent injury
Drills and Forms Training
Drills are used to teach students martial art techniques, efficient movment, strengthen, the body, and create new new connections in the brain that make it possible for student to learn new body motions and coordination What is learned in drills are then practiced in Forms where your body will experience a satisfying workout. In Jow Ga Kung Fu, Forms serve as a library of techniques, practical fighting combinations, improves agility and endurance among other
Benefits of Drills and Forms Training
• Includes same benefits of the fitness and traditional conditioning
• Serves as your library of techniques and applications
• Reprograms the body so that it naturally responds in self-defense situations
• Teaches actual Kung Fu fighting combinations
• Helps students with understanding kung fu and how and why it works
• Improves fighting agility and mobility
• Makes kung fu easy to learn
• Teaches patience, concentration, self control
• Improves self-esteem
• Changes the mindset of "I can't" to "I can"
Reality Based Self-defense
Jow Ga Kung Fu is self-defense. Everything that we do is based on being able to realistically defend ourselves. The system has offensive and defensive fighting techniques and strategies, grappling, awareness, and escape techniques. We do not train or compete in point sparring. We do not waste time with techniques that can't protect us. Because of our training students are able to achieve true self-confidence within themselves.
Benefits of our reality based self defense training
• You will become stronger, faster, and better prepared to defend yourself.
• You will develop realistic and practical fighting and self-defense skills
• Aggressive people with criminal mindsets will no longer view you as easy prey to physically attack
• You will develop a brand new awareness of your surroundings.
• Bullies (both adult and child versions) will see you as a someone who should be avoided instead of someone they should harass
• You'll gain the skills necessary to handle a majority of self-defense situations
• You gain skills to quickly analyze a situation before, during, and after a conflict has been encountered
• You'll learn how to control your fear and panic.